October 30, 2013

Well, He's Off!

There was so much that built up to this day, but it never really seems real until the moment it's actually happening.  This morning we dropped Parker off at the airport and hugged him for the last time for the next two years.

Parker is heading to the MTC in Preston, England so this drop off at the airport was a lot different than Jordan's was at the Provo MTC.  We had time to sit and wait before Parker had to go through security which was good, but prolonging the inevitable didn't help my turning stomach. Once Parker left us and walked through security, I lost it.  My name is Hailey and I am a cry baby.

The thing is that we have a small family.  There are only three of us and then my parents.  When one person is gone it leaves a huge hole. (I'm sure this is the same for a big family too) Not only that, but PK is the baby of the family.  He's the youngest, so thankfully that means this is the last time we have to do this, but it's still so sad knowing that it'll be another 2 years until I get to see him again.

I am going to miss Parker so much.  He's one of my best friends and we've really had a chance to get really close these past few years while Jordan was gone.  With all that aside, Parker is going to DOMINATE his mission! Parker is a great kid and I'm excited to hear how he changes and grows throughout his mission.

Good luck bro.  See you in two.

No comments:

Post a Comment