It's perfect for the New Year, for resolutions to be better and it's just an overall feel good message! One of my favorite quotes is:
"Even though we might fall short of our finish line,just continuing the journey will make us greater than we were before."
Aahh so great :]
Normally I would set aside a list of goals that I'd like to accomplish this year, but when I reflected on my poor success rate in the past and the fact I was having a hard time coming up with goals (other than play bingo at a retirement home), I decided to take a different approach this year. Going along with my theme for 2014, I have come up with 8 virtues that I want to live by this year. I am copying Benjamin Franklin a bit, but instead of keeping them for life, I'm going to work on them for a year and then make adjustments. [If you're interested, this guy gives a good explanation of Benji's 13 virtues]
Hailey's 8 Virtues for a Dominant Life:
- Perspective - To avoid getting caught up in the irrational and unimportant by remembering to refocus on the bigger picture.
- Humor - Live, Laugh, Love. Find the good in the world.
- Curiosity - Always progress, find new passions and continue learning.
- Sincerity - 100% in everything I say and do.
- Honesty - To be realistic with myself and honest in my intentions. Separate between wants and needs.
- Confidence - Unwavering belief in myself, others and God
- Service - To focus on the needs of others and to ACT.
- Tenacity - To be strong spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally
I'm really excited to give this a try. I have a feeling this year is going to bring a lot of changes and I want one of those to be that I have changed into an outstanding human being.
"You don't need to wait for permission to become the person you were designed to be."
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf