November 16, 2012

Quote the Quip

"Sometimes in life we become so focused on the finish line
that we fail to find joy in the journey."
 
 
Well said Pres. Uchtdorf.  Courtesy of his talk "Of Regrets and Resolutions" from the October 2012 general conference.
 
Or how about this golden nugget from the same talk:
 
"I pray that we will not wait until we are ready to die
before we truly learn to live."
 
Also, I learned a new word today!  QUIP.  [1- a clever or witty remark or comment. 2- a sharp, sarcastic remark; a cutting jest. 3- a quibble. 4- an odd or fantastic action or thing.]
 
This little lovely scored me 27 points in Words with Friends.  Booyah!   Then I looked it up to see what the heck it meant.  Honestly I had confused it with the word quiver (the thing you hold arrows in... right?), but I was just excited to be using a Q on a DL tile.  Not the greatest point value, but not too bad when you consider the amount of life points I get from learning a new word!
 
P.S. Look back at the definition of this word.  I think quip will become a statement word in my vocabulary.  "Oh that was so quip!"  Yeah.  Not bad, not bad at all.  Or maybe I'll just consider myself a quip.  According to the definition, I just might be the cookie straight from this cutter.  ....see #4.
 
That is all. Have a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment