July 13, 2012

Keep on Keepin' on.

Guess what!!  Today is the 3 year anniversary of my first day as a paralegal!! 3 whole years.... wow.  To be honest, sometimes the stress of this job has gotten the best of me.  More times than one have I "lashed out irrationally."  HOWEVER, I love it.   I love that there is always something to be done so it keeps me busy and feeling accomplished.  I love communicating with people, connecting with people and watching how the end result really  makes the whole process worth it.  I love all the people that I work with.  I love being able to support myself and to feel independent. 

I love it all, but mostly, I am grateful

There are so many aspects of my life that I sometimes take for granted.  That's why I think there are such things as anniversaries, mile markers, finish lines, annual events - so that I can stop and realize just how far I've come.  To realize how great today really is, and that tomorrow will be even better. To realize that being grateful somehow makes you only see the roses you can stop and smell, and helps you forget about the nasty spiders and worms down below.  Everyone has both roses and spiders in their life, you can choose which you see most.   dramatically deep thought process finished.

While I was thinking about this awesome mile marker in my life I remembered my bucket list that I made forever ago.  Looking at the list I decided I am going to make it my goal to accomplish these two this year:

              #5: Ride in a train.

              #43: Carve my name into a tree.

Hopefully I can get #43 taken care of this weekend!  Bring on the family camping trip :)  Thanks to some wicked awesome people, I might have found a sweet way to accomplish #5 as well.  Anyone who likes the Giants are welcome to join!

Keep up the good work people, for tonight begins the weekend, and that right there is just enough reason to celebrate. :]  Huzzah!

P.S. movie trivia time.... can anyone guess the quote above?  "Lash out irrationally."  Such a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment