June 14, 2013

Bloody Jack


My dad has been trying to convince me to listen to the Bloody Jack audio book for years now and I finally caved.  I'm not entirely sure why I wasn't excited to read it from the start, but now that I've started it I am hooked!  Now that I'm hooked, I'd like to put the pressure on ANYONE who enjoys good things in life.... go read this book!   The Bloody Jack series just may have snuck its way into my #1 spot.   Oh yeah, it's that good. 

Bloody Jack is a pirate adventure series unlike anything I've ever read.  The back of the book reads:


This description doesn't do the story justice, but it is a start.  Jacky Faber is a ridiculous but extremely charming character.  She has a lot of spunk and is always getting herself in and out of trouble.  I also love that it is based in the 18th century because this time period has always fascinated me.  L.A. Meyer is a phenomenal writer and I can't wait to start the third book.  I'm trying to be really vague because nothing I say will prepare you for the greatness that envelops each page of this book.  I feel like I am gushing everywhere about this book but I can't help it.  When something is this good I have to share it!

Side note: Listening to it as an audio book makes 
it 400 million times better!  The lady who narrates 
this book is beyond fantastic and very entertaining.  
I couldn't wait to drive ANYWHERE just 
so I could listen to this book.

So, put this at the top of your summer reading list and be prepared to be sucked in.  Bloody Jack = Domination.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment