June 19, 2013

Negativity

Yesterday I made the goal to "free your[my]self from negative people."  This seemed a little difficult because the ideal situation I guess would be to just rid my life of any negative people.  Literally.  Maybe even Physically.  jokes. :)  Since that isn't very realistic, I figured I'd look up ways to deal with negative people.   A lot of times if I am around someone who is very negative it is very emotionally draining...as if they are sucking the life and energy right out of me.  I need to keep in mind that there are times when I get on negative, hate-the-world kicks, as much as I hate to admit it, so I was hoping to find ways to quickly turn those days around.

I decided to focus on the first part: dealing with negative people.  I hopped on google and up pops: 7 Simple Tips to Deal with Negative People how great is that?!

  1. Don't Engage in the Negativity
  2. Hang Out in Groups
  3. Objectify the Comments Made
  4. Go With Lighter Topics
  5. Be Mindful of the Time You Spend With Them
  6. Identify Areas You Can Make a Positive Change
  7. Drop Them From Your Life

I suggest you read the post (see link above) if you're interested, because the opinions expressed therein are really great.  #7 gave me a start because the rest of the tips were encouraging that these people can change.  However, sometimes I guess we just have to realize that some people are emotionally destructive and we have to take care of ourselves first before we can help others.  aka drop it like it's hot. 

Well, I'll give it a try!  Bring on the negativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment