September 13, 2012

Dolla Dolla Bills Ya

Alright so I stumbled across this awesome website!  The Centsible Life. This lady is awesome!  I was just reading her last post about financial tips from her mother and laughed out loud at the following:

7. Avoid at all costs buying convenience foods.They are always more expensive that cooking from scratch. Yes. Even if you buy them with coupons making them free. They are more expensive as they will cost you in medical expenses because you are eating so badly when you eat convenience foods.

10. Take a senior with you on senior discount day to get the senior discount. She actually yelled at me once for buying something at Ross Dress for Less on a non-senior discount day even though I bought the item off the clearance rack at Ross Dress for Less. “You could have gotten more off with my discount,” she scolded.

I haven't had the chance to go through the whole thing yet, but sheesh it looks to be jam packed with intelligence.  I feel smarter already. I really think that the Internet is a wonderful thing.  It's full of self help stuff that is bound to help me survive in this world.  Thank heavens. 

I've always thought that I should have grown up in the 80's since I love their music, bright colors, their style and 80's dancing at Studio 600.... but after seeing Footloose (the original) and realizing that the raw 80's style is not for me, and now with the pure awesomeness of technology these days, I'm happy with where I'm at.

Anyways, this post had a point... I think...   Oh yeah! Check out The Centsible Life and fill your brain with financial wisdom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment