May 3, 2010

Day 4 Continued...

Alright so the rest of this day was.... crazy! haha My mom and I went to get my stuff from my apartment packed up and moved home. We realized that somehow my crap has multiplied and so we headed to WalMart to get some more storage boxes. I have been looking forward to riding one of those motorized carts, "race cars," as I like to call them since I got out of surgery. So we get to WalMart and look around for an available race car, all of them were out! I started off on my crutches, and my mom and I quickly realized that I wasn't going to make it through WalMart on my crutches. It seems I'm a very inexperienced crutch-er (?) So we went to the other entrance hoping to find a race car on that side. A lady was just buckling herself into the last race car right as we got there.... I may have given her the stink eye on accident.... did she REALLY need it? REALLY? So my mom looked at each other for a second, and then my mom had a brilliant idea. I don't know if any of you are familiar or not with the carts that have the attached compartment in the front for two little toddlers to sit in... but that's what we found. We figured we might as well give it a try! So I climbed in under the bar, fit a cheek on the back seat, tried to rest my leg on the front seat, and then had my leg hanging out the back. This just might work! It was better than crutches at least. Going through the store my butt started to cramp, and something had to be done... I decided to switch, and hung my leg out the side and sat comfortably in the far back seat. Much better! So this is how I ended up!

I definitely got some weird looks... especially from this little boy that we passed. His face said, "See mom, I'm not too big to ride in the cart! Look at that girl!"

I'm realizing that one of the lessons I need to learn from this injury, is to lose my pride. Check! It was fun, and my mom and I definitely had some laughs. :)

Cleaning out my apartment was exhausting. I couldn't do much, which was frustrating, because I hate feeling helpless and making others work for me without helping in some way. My mom is an amazing woman. She is efficient, organized and determined. She had my mess organized and stored in those bins so quickly! I tried to help where I could, but my knee was not very happy with me. I looked down once and almost screamed. Somehow, Big Bertha swapped knees with me, and I'm going to need to get mine back from her tomorrow. I took a pain pill at the 4 hour mark and about 30 minutes later my eyes started to get heavy. My dad showed up after work and he took all the bins downstairs and loaded the car to be taken home. We have a few more things to round up tomorrow, but for the most part we got a lot done! Thanks so much MOM and DAD! You guys are soooo great! I don't know where I would be without you both. Sorry to everyone else, but looks like I have the best parents in the entire world! I've been sleeping ever since I got home, woke up for about an hour or two and now I'm headed back to bed. Long day! Night!

2 comments:

  1. that is so funny about that little boy!!
    i am glad you're doing so well!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Hailey! great story. You definitely have a nack for this!
    Jake

    ReplyDelete