October 27, 2010

SNOW!!!!!

The first snow has fallen, and the world looks like Christmas from my window. :) Today is going to be a great day.
Thermals: Check
Red Peacoat: Check
Long Soccer Socks: Check
Boots: Check
Hot Chocolate: Check
Cheerful Mood and Smile on Face: Innevitable

Sure Fall was great, and technically it is still Fall, but Winter has made its mark. I decided I like my seasons to be assertive and consuming. Go Winter! Especially in Utah, it could snow any day of the year. This is Winter's way of saying, "Don't you forget about me. Sure you can go have fun on the beach, but you just wait. I've got some good stuff planned for this year." I won't ever forget. Snow Men, Sipping Hot Chocolate while reading a book, CHRISTMAS, Thermals, Scarfs, Coats, Sleigh Rides, Winter Wonderland, Sledding, Snowboarding? The list could go on and on!
Yes, some of you may not like the snow very much. Maybe you don't like that you have to scrape your windows before you leave each morning, or that the bottom of your pants usually get soaked and never seem to dry. I only have a few words of advise to you sad people. Love the snow! Embrace the snow! Bend down, grab a handful of that fluffy white stuff and shove it in someone's face. Or eat it, which ever you prefer. It is what it is, and you've got to deal with it somehow so you might as well love every second of it. Tell yourself that you love that you have to shovel the snow at awful temperatures with nosesicles and frostbitten fingers and then plaster a frozen smile on your face. Fake it until you make it. Soon, you'll be just as excited about Winter as I am. Oh yeah, it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment