November 18, 2010

203!!!!

You see this picture and think, Nice! Way to go Hailey! Although, BYU basically hands those out like candy during leagues... so what's the big deal? Well I'll tell you what the big deal is. Last night, bowling league at BYU was EPIC. For some time now I have invested time, money and stress into bowling. Mostly for entertainment purposes, but the deep down competitive gene I carry is always striving for the ultimate goal. Breaking 200. Long shot I know, but you gotta dream big right??
Well my friends, after a long road filled with tears, a sore arm after bowling 12 games straight, and bulging arm muscles I didn't know existed; I have finally acheived my all time goal of breaking 200!! 203 to be exact! Looks like their is a new number on the block competing to be my new favorite?? gasp! I tell you, this was no walk in the park and who knows if it will ever be duplicated. I went through each frame, picking up a crazy combination of strikes and spares until the last two frames. Then I choked. I was sweating like a sinner in church. haha okay not really, but it was a little warm in there, and I've always wanted to use that phrase. Here's proof that I'm not just making this up..... Great name eh? :) It took awhile to be able to completely comprehend the magnitude of what I had just done, but when the realization hit I felt so giddy I just could not contain myself! Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of all that went down at that moment such as: jumping, screaming, smiles and looks of disbelief on the faces of the other team. Now maybe in other bowling alleys you would get a pat on the back, maybe even a high five from those around you if you had just broken 200. Not at good ol' BYU! They gave me this super cool shirt for free!!

Oh, you wanted to see a close up?? ;)

I do have to say, that I could have never done this without the support of my biggest fan. Even when the rest of our team is emotionless, you're always there to cheer me on and share my enthusiasm!! Thanks Kay!!
So uh....Anyone wanna go bowling??

1 comment:

  1. That's AMAZING Hailey!!! I'm so proud of you :) Also way to cheer her on Kay! I can't wait to see you both tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete